Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Sunday was our last day in Senegal

Sunday was our last day in Senegal and a good day to reflect on the events of the past 9 days. As a first time mission volunteer I feel really blessed to have gone on this mission. I was glad to see the hands of God in the life of the church in Senegal. I met the most amazing people with big hearts and smiles. The people were very open and eager to learn despite our lack of fluency in either French or Wolof but they made it work. I want to thank our hosts the Methodist Church in Senegal for their hospitality: Thank you from the depths of my heart.

L to R: Christine, Paulette, Charissa, Catherine, Yetunde
The Sunday worships were the best, the presence of God could be felt in the sanctuary. The hymns and choruses sounded so much different in French and for the first time I realized that God was really truly multilingual. I thought to myself Yoruba music always felt like the best praise but French was out of this world. I felt lifted by every song even the familiar ones- "Blessed Assurance" and "Jesus Loves Me This I Know" all had a new meaning. The message by Pastor Valentin was also different and rang through even with translation by David.

As I reflect back, this experience has shown me the God is the same always. He does not change and he continues to provide for us all. He is real and omnipresent even in the remote towns and villages in Senegal and his love is ever real. I pray that our presence in Dakar- Senegal was a blessing and a testimony to the greatness of God.

Yetunde

No comments:

Post a Comment